How to create Facebook adverts
Facebook ads are paid messages coming from businesses and they can include social information about friends.
According to Facebook themselves: “People who like your Page spend an average of 2 times more as your customers than people who aren’t connected to you on Facebook.”
There are two ways to do this on Facebook
- Get more page likes: Reach people who aren’t connected to your page yet. You’ll be asked to design your ad including headline, body text and image.
- Promote page posts: Promote a specific post; giving you increased reach and increasing your chance of placement in a news feed.
Reach the right audience
- Have an idea of the ideal customer you want to target. After choosing your ads and sponsored stories, you will be able to choose the specific audience for your ad
- The estimated audience size indicates the total number of people your ad will have the opportunity to reach if your bid and budget are high enough
- Location, age and gender allow you to choose the basic demographics of the audience you want to reach
So you can reach
- Everyone who lives in “Birmingham”, “35 years old and younger” who are in the category “Cooking” for example. Pretty powerful stuff if you sell blenders for example.
Facebook campaign, pricing and scheduling
- Select your budget and set the schedule for your campaign
- You will pay for how many times your advert is shown (impressions)
- These impressions will be optimised so your ad shows to the people most likely to help you reach your goal
Like all online advertising platforms we recommend you get help to set it up initially. Whilst Facebook may have a lot of users, they are not advertising experts so may not really understand how to get the best from an advertising campaign.
Did you know
- In the US: A third of all divorce filings in 2011 contained the word “Facebook”. Allegedly.
- Iceland used Facebook to rewrite its constitution!
- About 20% of all photos this year will end up on Facebook.