Welcome to our Website Design Services
At Clickingmad, we specialise in designing and creating custom websites that meet the unique needs of your business.
Whether you require a new website or a website redesign, our design and development team is committed to delivering the best web design solutions for you.
When it comes to creating a successful website much needs to be considered. For example, an appealing look and feel, a great user experience to make the customer journey easy and digital marketing strategies to attract visitors in.
Our expertise lies in integrating digital marketing into the design process, ensuring that your website not only looks great but also performs exceptionally in the digital space.
We work with clients from nearly all business sectors and have produced great websites tailored to suit the nuances for each and providing exceptional results.
Our goal is to ensure that your website is a true reflection of your brand and effectively targets your audience. It should help your prospective clients understand why they should choose you and enquire.
Website Design is our core service. With an eye on the latest design styles and a focus on achieving the desired result you can rest assured that we can handle your project, whoever you are.
Since 2000, we have designed and built websites for the following industries;
- Third Sector/Non Profit
- Service Sector
- Financial Services
And many more.
Creating the perfect experience for your visitors.
For your website to work effectively it must be created with your specific target users market in mind.
It must appeal to your audience making it easy to find you when searching the web and resonating with them when they land on your site.
Tailoring the User Experience (UX) quite simply means ensuring that the experience of visitors to your site is easy, relevant and speaks to them in a way that appeals to their emotions and reasons for wanting to talk to you.
The ingredients for digital success.
Your website should be:
- Targeted at your customers, not you – and speaks to them in their language about your product or service.
- Attractively designed and well-organised for ease of use and making you stand out from your competitors.
- Fast loading and works on different devices, especially mobiles so they can easily revisit or go on to enquire.
- Enticing – outlining your benefits and encouraging them to find out more.
How do you achieve this? - Well, that's where we come in.
How do we understand you and your audience?
- We talk to you about your customers and their needs – what makes them want your product or service and why they would choose you vs someone else.
- We learn how visitors currently interact with your site – what works and what doesn’t.
- We identify ways to improve visitors experience of your website to make it easy to find out more or make an enquiry.
- We listen to you and gain as much insight and understanding of your market as you have. We carry out competitor analysis too.
What design planning do we provide?
- We outline a clear approach and direction for all research and design activities working with you to create a brief.
- We prioritise design focus based on your business goals.
- We ensure everyone is aligned and agrees the goals.
- We create a project plan, timelines and budget proposal.
How do we design the solution?
- We create initial design concepts and wireframes
- We work collaboratively with you to refine these
- We test design hypotheses early and often
- We gather user feedback on multiple designs
- If appropriate we share insights and roadmaps with the wider business to help you gain stakeholder input and agreement
- Typically, there are 3 or 4 stages which you are asked to sign-off until we’re finished
The design is not complete until you are 100% happy
Website Design FAQ's
What are the key considerations in selecting the best web design agency?
Portfolio and Experience:
Check out the agency's existing client portfolio to gauge their design style, work quality, and breadth of experience.
Seek evidence of successful projects similar to your specific requirements.
Agencies with diverse portfolios and substantial experience are better positioned to deliver a website aligned with your expectations.
Length of the client staying with the agency is often an indication of client success too.
Client Testimonials and Reviews:
Read client testimonials and reviews to glean insights into the agency's reputation and the satisfaction of previous clients.
This feedback provides an understanding of their professionalism, communication skills, and ability to meet deadlines and adhere to budgets.
Ask the agency for contact details of past clients they have worked with or even call them yourself to get valuable feedback.
Expertise and Services:
Evaluate the agency's expertise and the services they offer.
Determine whether they specialise in the specific type of website you require, such as e-commerce or responsive design.
Ensure a comprehensive grasp of web technologies, UX/UI design, and SEO optimisation.
Communication and Collaboration:
Effective communication and collaboration are pivotal for a successful website design project.
Assess the agency's communication style and responsiveness and ask to meet the team.
It is essential to feel at ease discussing your needs, goals, and receiving updates and feedback throughout the project.
Cost and Value for Money:
Understand the agency's pricing structure and the value they provide for the cost.
Avoid solely considering the lowest price, as it may compromise the quality.
Seek an agency offering reasonable pricing coupled with excellent value and a return on investment.
Support and Maintenance:
Ask about the agency's post-launch support and maintenance services.
A dependable agency should provide ongoing support to address any issues and make necessary updates to your website.
After sales service is one of the most important facets of building a long term relationship.
By taking these key considerations into account, you can make an informed decision and select the web design agency that best aligns with your needs and goals.
What are the costs involved when building a website?
When considering how much it will cost to design and build a website and budgeting several factors can influence the final cost:
Complexity and Features:
- The intricacy, features, and functionalities of a website play a pivotal role in determining its cost.
- A simpler website with a limited number of pages will incur lower expenses compared to a sophisticated website boasting numerous pages, custom features, and integrations with third-party services.
Design and Development:
- The cost of web design and development is contingent upon the degree of customisation, volume of content, and required functionality.
- Tailored designs need more time and effort and so are likely to be higher cost compared to pre-designed templates.
- Development expenses fluctuate based on the chosen platform, programming language, and the extent of coding required.
Maintenance and Upgrades:
- Routine maintenance and upgrades are essential for keeping a website current and secure but contribute to the overall cost.
- Anticipating costs for ongoing maintenance and upgrades is prudent throughout the website's lifespan.
- Incorporating the cost of content creation, including images, graphics, and text, is crucial alongside web design and development expenses.
- If clients provide content, this may reduce the overall expenditure.
- Consideration of third-party expenses such as hosting, domain names, and payment gateways is essential.
- These costs contribute to the comprehensive budget for a web design project.
- It is essential to properly budget for web design projects to avoid unexpected costs and ensure the project's success.
We will help you through this exercise by giving you estimates and quotes and take you through the costing exercise so there are no surprises.
We’ll do this right from the start with no obligation, until the project starts.
Why is integrating SEO with website design important?
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is critical to the success of your website in enabling web browsers to find you.
Quite simply be using search terms that will be top of their mind in relation to your product or service and weaving those terms into your website content and design, means you will be easier to find on Google.
You will gradually start to move up the rankings.
Integrating SEO with website design is crucial for online visibility for several reasons:
Elevated Search Engine Rankings:
By weaving SEO strategies into website design, you align the site's structure, layout, and content with search engine algorithms.
This optimisation enhances understanding, leading to improved organic search rankings and heightened visibility to potential visitors as they search through any browser.
Precise Traffic and Greater Visibility:
SEO-centric website design targets keywords relevant to your business, channelling focused organic traffic.
This boosts online visibility, reaching a larger audience actively searching for products or services akin to yours.
Improved User Experience:
Well-designed websites incorporating SEO principles enhance user experience.
Streamlined navigation, speedy page loads, mobile responsiveness, and user-friendly design foster higher engagement, signalling search engines about your site's value and relevance.
Enhanced Conversion Rates:
SEO and web design collaborate to create a positive user experience, building trust and credibility.
A visually appealing, high-ranking website significantly impacts conversion rates as visitors easily find what they need, promoting actions like purchases, newsletter sign-ups, or contacting your business.
Sustained Business Growth:
Integrating SEO into website design is a lasting investment.
It establishes a solid foundation for search engine visibility, adapting to the evolving SEO landscape.
This paves the way for sustained business growth, heightened brand awareness, and a competitive edge in the online marketplace.
Over time it means you would not need to consider more expensive digital advertising such as ppc campaigns to get you to the top of search.
By integrating SEO principles into website design, businesses can maximise their online visibility, attract targeted traffic, enhance user experience, increase conversion rates, and generate long-term business growth.
What are the stages involved in the website design and development process?
The main stages in your website design and build is as follows:
We work with you to establish your website's purpose, target audience, and desired outcomes.
We scope the requirements with you outlining key features, functionalities, and required content, creating a brief for you to sign off.
Planning and Research:
- We conduct research on the target audience, competitors, and industry trends.
- We plan the website's structure, layout, and design elements based on insights gathered.
- We will present proposed wireframes and initial design ideas to you to agree.
- We go on to create the full visual layout, navigation, overall aesthetics, colour schemes, wireframes, and individual page templates.
- There will be a lot of interaction between us as we work with you to get this right.
We can write and organise website content, including origination, editing, image and graphics sourcing, and content optimisation for search engines.
- We can do this in a number of ways. Some clients prefer to provide us with base content.
- Others prefer to use specialist copywriters (we can help with this).
- Or we can write it for you.
- We will guide on word count, style and tone to make sure it works for your audience and for your website performance.
We then set about the technical build, development, coding, integrating features, and ensuring responsiveness across devices.
This is all the stuff we do that you don’t really need to worry about as it requires specialist technical skill.
Testing and Launch:
- We carry out rigorous testing to ensure functionality, compatibility, and optimal performance before going live.
- We will address any identified bugs or issues (snagging).
- Once testing is complete, we will work with you to devise a a launch plan and deploy the website.
- You may want to do it softly or you may want to make a big splash!
Maintenance and Updates:
Post-launch, ongoing maintenance and updates are crucial for security, relevance, and alignment with evolving business needs.
We will work with you to regular monitor and optimise performance, carry out content updates and ensure the website's longevity and effectiveness.
Often these stages don’t follow a linear path and overlap.
We’ll stay by your side all the way through talking you through how it’s progressing.
Every client is different.
The website design and development process is typically a collaborative effort between us and we will help you get to know all of our team.